Whether you are already living in Apex or Relocating to Apex, Abbington is a neighborhood you will want to check out. There are 433 custom ...
Your Apex Neighborhood Expert
Apex has been voted the #1 place to live in the U.S. (Time/Money Magazine August 2015)
Best Places to Live: #9 in America, #1 in North Carolina (CNN/Money Magazine August 2013)
Best Places to Live: #14 in America (CNN/Money Magazine July 2007)
- #1 Best City in North America (Movoto November 2013)
- #3 Best Place to Move To (Forbes.com July 2009)
- #5 Happiest Suburb in America (Movoto May 2014)
- #5 Best NC Towns for Young Families (NerdWallet July 2013)
- Top 10 Best Towns for Families, Family Circle (July 2014)
Celebrating its turn-of-the-century railroad heritage, the charming town of Apex features more than 60 commercial and residential structures dating from 1870 to 1940. Take a stroll through the quaint, pedestrian-friendly downtown area to see colorfully restored buildings that house thriving businesses. Downtown Apex is home to bustling antique shops and specialty stores, including the locally-adored Rusty Bucket, as well as restaurants like the award-winning Anna’s Pizzeria. History buffs can tour historic Hughes and Salem Streets, part of a district recognized by the National Register of Historic Places that includes the circa-1914 Apex Union Depot, an iconic example of late Victorian architecture.
You can also enjoy small-town theater and artwork at the Halle Cultural Arts Center, with three galleries, two studio classrooms and a 150-seat theater. Further south, the North Carolina Railroad Museum offers rides on restored historic steam engines and self-guided tours where visitors can learn about historic railroad equipment.
Contact Kathy Moore, your Apex expert at 919-608-9604 or email@example.com
About North Carolina
If you’re looking for a new home, you’ve come to the right place. The experienced team at NC Pro Realty Group is your best choice for a realtor in the area.
If you don’t live in North Carolina yet and you’re considering making it your home, you’re going to love it.
- 2 Million New Residents: Between 1990 and 2010, North Carolina gained more than 2 million new residents due to migration.
- 5th Largest Population Increase: From July 1, 2017 to July 1, 2018, the state’s population increased by nearly 113,000 individuals. This marks the third consecutive year that the state population has grown by more than 100,000 in a single year. Among the states, North Carolina had the 5th largest numeric increase since 2017.
- NC Grows Faster than National Average: With a growth rate of 1.13% since 2017, North Carolina continues to grow faster than the national average (0.6%) and was the 10th fastest-growing state.
- Huge Growth Since 2010: Since 2010, North Carolina’s population has grown by nearly 850,000 residents, an increase of 8.9%.
- Largest Net In-Migration from CA, NY, NC: According to detailed data in the 2017 American Community Survey (ACS), North Carolina had the largest net in-migration from New York, New Jersey, and California, with net gains of over 10,000 residents from each state.
- 1,000,000 New Residents in 10 Years: From 2010 to 2019, North Carolina gained over 1,000,000 residents.
Although reasons for migration vary widely, they can be put into a few major categories:
Work: People move to NC because they received a new job or were transferred, they want an easier commute, they retired, or because they are unemployed and looking for work.
Family: People move to NC due to household changes, such as a divorce or separation, or children are moving away from their parents to establish their own households.
Housing: People are moving because they bought a home, wanted nicer housing or a better neighborhood, or are looking for more affordable housing.
Other: People move to NC may be starting college, for health reasons, because they want a change of climate, or for non-voluntary reasons, such as natural disasters or foreclosures.
There are lots of great homes available and we’d love to take you for a tour. If you see a home (or 20) that you like, please reach out and we will make plans to meet you and show you around.